CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Monday, July 13, 2009

My son, the future fashion designer?

When Cullen came home yesterday from his fathers, I sat with him and we caught up on the past two weeks. I told him I took on some new hobbies, like purchasing a sewing machine, etc. Immediately he says "Oooh, will you teach me to sew?", with all the excitement in his voice. I told him I had only made a pillow so far, which I showed him, and he acted very impressed.

He demanded (nicely) that he get to see the sewing machine at that moment.

He continued on with the pleading that I teach him and I told him as I learn, I will show him. Well, you would think this is HIS new hobby. All of last night and all today, he asked if we could sew. I had to stop at Joann's Fabric this afternoon and he was running errands with me. In the parking lot he says, "Can we get something so I can make a bathing suit?". I informed him I was definitely not at that level yet but we could look at fabric for basic shorts or pajamas. We went in the store and I headed to the applique section and grabbed some initials for the two little one's stuff and Cullen was right behind me grabbing initials for himself. As we were on our way to check out, we passed by some fleece and I told him that we could probably do a blanket together. He was stoked and picked out camouflage fleece, and the opposite side will be black fleece with white skulls and crossbones. In the store he mumbles, "Can you tell me how to do it in words?". I said, "That is called embroidery and I do not even have a machine to do that and have no idea how to fool with lettering." He says "No, tell me, in words, how to sew." I promised him tomorrow we would try this blanket project. I love him and find his enthusiasm wonderful! This may very well be something him and I can bond on, 'cause lord knows I am not a sports fan. lol

No comments: