CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Our first official meetup

Today was an exciting day, as it was our first event with the SS meeting (a new mommy group); the first official event for the group. We went to a little toddler place on the other side of the lake. I had Cullen with me and there was an age limit of six so he had to sit on the sidelines with me (or should I say, Kaila) and just hang out. I felt bad for him but he said he was fine with it. I think it made him feel like a "big kid". Aiden and Roman had a blast! There were five members that showed up; Mandy, Amy, Michelle, Misti, and myself.





I think the place was a bit too young for some of the children we had with us, so we decided to head to a local park over there. The park was AMAZING! The most awesomest park I have ever seen in my life. Cullen got to burn off some energy, also. There were swings, and slides, a see-saw and a merry go round thing, sand areas to dig and water spots to play. There was lots of covered areas with seats for the parents, including ceiling fans that were going full force. OMG! Ceiling fans outdoors in July? This was my kinda park. It is all fenced in and their is a train looking building we didn't make it into, but that is saved for the next trip there. We are definitely going back!






On our trek home, Aiden says from the back seat "My toe went to bed." It took me a second, but I realized he was saying his foot went to sleep. Cute! I thought for sure I would get some naps out the kids but that didn't happen. Aiden took one when we got home but Roman is still standing his ground in the nap department. He stayed up.
Once Jude came home, he told me the cat had a present for me outside. I walked out to find the cat hovered over a dead bird. Of course I had to grab the camera and take some photos. This is the first time Ki-Ki ever did something like this. It was pretty nasty but I was oh so proud of him at the same time.
Ki-Ki and his prize

Ki-Ki (the neighbors cat who adopted us)

Ick!!

The boys playing in the backyard

No comments: