CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Happy birthday to the most wonderful woman in the world!

My beautiful mom turned 62 today and we went to the other side of the lake to celebrate with her. We had a forty five minute delay added to our hour trip because there was a spill on the bridge. Traffic was at a stand still, with people hanging out in the road as I convinced my children to stay IN the car, but it was worth the one hour forty five minute drive there. The boys had a blast hanging out with (and on) their Mimi. They blew bubbles on her for a very long time, till she was sticky and wet. Cullen gave her a nice, long massage and tried to give her sixty two birthday spankings but I don't think he ever got up to that BIG number. lol (I am kidding, Mimi.) Granny wrote her the sweetest poem I have ever heard for her birthday. I say that because Granny rarely lets you in to that very deep bottom part of her heart and she did in that poem. We all had tears as she expressed her love for her daughter.














As we were getting ready to leave, Cullen was sitting on my lap and we were horsing around. He said he was going to punch me in the nose and continued to put his fist to my nose and started pushing back slightly. I decided to nibble (bite) him to get him off. (Yes, I get on their level sometimes.) Well, he drops to the floor dramatically screaming and crying. Roman and Aiden were watching the whole thing go down. Once Cullen was on the floor, Roman came over to me and pinched my left arm hard, twice, and then over and over again. Roman was saying "Cullln hurt, crying, Cullln" and pointing. Aiden came up to me and hit me a few times on my right. All I could do was laugh with my mom and grandma because I was getting tag teamed while they defended their brother. Who knew they would be so protective of their big bro'? My mom said if they were any bigger, I would have been in some big trouble. Cullen and I made up and the little ones got over it. It was an eye opening experience!

No comments: